Answers from Our Experts (1)
Wickaninnish Inn Tofino in British Columbia is a novel property, and although there are a plethora of things to fall in love with while you are there, we’ve highlighted the best things about the property.
1. Beautiful location. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is in an unparalleled location on the far edge of Vancouver Island in Tofino. The remote property, which is situated on a rocky beach seems to be one with the surrounding temperate rainforest.
2. Helpful staff .The warm laid-back service at the Wickaninnish Inn will make you feel right at home. The staff is always quick to offer suggestions on things to do in the area, in addition to asking if there is anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
3. Green. From the beginning, the luxury Tofino hotel's buildings were worked into the natural area to save as much of the vegetation and large trees on the property as possible. Now that the Inn has been established, the same eco-thinking continues. For example, there are high-efficiency boilers, sustainable local foods being served at The Pointe restaurant, and the use of harvested seaweed and other natural ingredients incorporated in the Ancient Cedars Spa.
4. Ancient Cedars Spa. Get even more immersed in the natural surroundings by spending some time in the spa, which features treatments that link to the encompassing area such as hot sea stone massages, West Coast sacred sea hydrotherapy, and an organic sea facial.
5. The Pointe Restaurant. Upon entering the restaurant, you’ll have a chance to face the Pacific Ocean and soak up front row views of the waves crashing on the rugged boulders that line the coast. The seascape is just as fresh as the food at this establishment, which features sustainable local wines and organic ingredients.