Answers from Our Experts (1)
Wickaninnish Inn Tofino is situated on the pristine West Coast of Vancouver Island, an exclusive travel destination that has been luring visitors around the globe year after year. Whether you’re a nature lover in search of a unique romantic retreat or the idea of escaping to a place of natural wonders appeals to you, the area has plenty to offer no matter what time of year you visit.
1. Life is a postcard during the summer months at and around this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, where you’ll experience warm temperatures, gorgeous sunsets and idyllic ocean breezes. What better way is there to take in the balmy climate than a Beach Cruiser bicycle ride on one of the several nearby beaches?
2. Nature lovers will swoon over the autumn months on the Pacific Rim. Bear watching and birding are popular activities, but the cooled down temperatures also provide ideal hiking weather at Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
3. Tofino, British Columbia is home to a burgeoning artists’ community, and there’s even a collection right at Wickaninnish Inn that shows some of the best West Coast talent. The town of Tofino has plenty of galleries as well, including collections of locally-blown glass art, paintings of the Tofino landscape and contemporary cedar carvings
4. It might seem as though the harsh winters on the Pacific Rim would deter visitors, but those who have been to the area enough will tell you that there is nothing quite like watching Mother Nature whip up a vicious winter storm from the comfort of your toasty fireplace-warmed suite at this luxury Tofino hotel.
5. Spring on the Pacific Rim is the perfect time to experience nearby Hot Springs Cove, a place where you can truly soak it all in. Located 27 miles northwest of Tofino at Maquinna Provincial Marine Park, this natural wonder consists of a waterfall and five interconnected pools that eventually descend toward the Pacific Ocean, reaching temperatures as high as 122 F.