Answers from Our Experts (1)
The design style of Wickaninnish Inn Tofino reflects the area’s history and remote natural setting. The Tofino, British Columbia hotel is situated right on the ocean and its architectural style is made to blend in with the environment. Exposed beams are featured throughout along with large picture windows to take in stunning vistas. In an effort to sum up the design style of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, here are five words that best describe its ambiance.
1. Rustic. Natural driftwood banisters, stone stairs, and other original elements add a rustic charm to the property.
2. Green. The luxury Tofino hotel prides itself on being environmentally-friendly.
3. Inuit-inspired. The inn features works of art made from carved wood. The pieces are influenced by the crafts made by the natives in the West Coast of Canada.
4. Coastal. Along with the carved wood art, the artwork throughout the property also reflects its location right next to the ocean with nautical paintings and sea animal sculptures.
5. Casual. To complement the rustic costal setting, the design style is luxurious, but not at all formal so that you feel comfortable at all times on the property even in sandy boots.