Answers from Our Experts (1)
When visiting The Jefferson, Washington, D.C., don’t forget to pack these five things:
1. A camera. There are iconic monuments, museums and myriad famous locations around every corner in D.C. The Jefferson is conveniently located just five blocks from the White House and a few more from the National Mall, where you can visit many of the Smithsonian Institution's museums, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and others. You’ll also want to snap some shots of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s historic interior, which is full of nods to Thomas Jefferson and his era.
2. Comfortable walking shoes. With all the sights to see, you’ll want to stay on your feet for as long as possible. Comfortable shoes are a must.
3. A hearty appetite. You’ll find delicious food of all varieties for breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner at The Jefferson’s three restaurants: Plume, the fine dining eatery; The Greenhouse, which is more casual; and Quill, the bar. You may need to loosen your belt a notch while in town, so don’t forget to bring…
4. Workout clothes. You can wear them in the Washington D.C. hotel's well-appointed onsite fitness center or on a run to the National Mall.
5. Smartphone or mp3 player. Whether for your run to the Mall or to download a walking tour of the D.C. area, don't forget to pack your smartphone or mp3 player. You can dock your iPod or iPhone in the Bose Wave radio in your room, use the complimentary headphones in the hotel gym or take photos of the Jeffersonian details to post to Facebook so everyone can remember your stay in Washington.