Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you hop on a plane and jet off to Washington D.C., here are five things you need to know about The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.:
1. The location. Right in the heart of Georgetown, you’re positioned near the city’s best shopping, dining and nightlife. But you’re a bit off the main street, so expect to walk a block or so to hail a cab, and you’ll likely skip the Metro — it’s about a 10-block walk.
2. The boutique spa. One of the city’s finest and least known retreats is hidden in the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel's basement (which feels more like its own healing world). The four-room spa offers top-notch treatments and amenities, including a sauna and steam room.
3. Don’t miss the gratis nighttime snack. Between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. each evening, the lobby bar serves a gratis s’more-inspired treat to guests, the type of which varies with the season.
4. The décor. From exposed brick to the re-created “conductor” booth in Degrees Bistro, the Washington D.C. hotel effortlessly melds its past history with a trendy, modern feel. It’s significantly more modern feeling than many of its Ritz-Carlton counterparts.
5. The service. The luxury hotel lives up to its Four-Star expectations with discreet, high-touch service and friendly staff.