Answers from Our Experts (1)
The most challenging part of dinner at Westend Bistro, the signature restaurant at The Ritz Carlton, Washington D.C., is deciding what to order. Should you find yourself stumped while looking over all of the tempting offerings, cross your fingers that these items have found their way back onto the seasonal menu:
1. The sea bass. The fresh pan-roasted sea bass is perfectly seared to a flaky golden brown and placed in a shallow bowl opposite cooked fennel and strips of toasted bread. A single lobster claw is sat over the bread and drizzled with a butter sauce and topped with micro greens. At the table, a warm bouillabaisse sauce is poured into the bowl to pull the dish together.
2. The sundae. One of the most popular items on the dessert menu, the Westend sundae, is also perfect for sharing — though we understand if you’d like to keep one all to ourselves. This delightfully boozy treat is made with vanilla ice cream, peanut brittle, chocolate tequila sauce and Kirsch cherries.
3. The Heated Debate. The housemade cocktails are delicious at Westend Bistro. One of the standouts is the Heated Debate, a libation made with Avion Silver tequila, agave nectar, fresh lime juice and a hint of jalapeño.
4. The apple Manhattan. The apple Manhattan is another interesting concoction from the bar. This one is made with Angel’s Envy Kentucky Straight bourbon, sweet vermouth, aromatic bitters and spiced apple cider reduction.
5. The mustard green and apple salad. For a hearty start to the meal, our suggestion is the mustard green and apple salad. The greens are tossed with crisp apple slices, candied walnuts and a mustardy, honey-cider vinaigrette.