Answers from Our Experts (1)
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler is a quiet Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel tucked away in the mountains, so there's a lot to love. There are a few resort standouts we should mention; here are five favorites:
1. The private space: Every room and suite has a large bathroom (double vanities and separate glass shower and tub), private terrace and gas fireplace. The terrace is a lovely way to enjoy the fresh mountain air and steal a few minutes of Whistler serenity.
2. The Ski Concierge. This specific amenity is an entirely unique and elite service. When you arrive, the Ski Concierge will collect your equipment (with your permission, of course) and store it until the moment you are ready to hit the mountain (they’ll even warm your boots for you). This means no lugging cumbersome and/or wet equipment to-and-from your room. They can also assist with rental equipment from the Mountain Products Store (on the first floor of the hotel), direct access to lifts and any special equipment you may require. The Ski Concierge can also help you purchase a lift pass, meaning no time wasted in the morning — so you’ll get the fresh morning powder.
3. The staff. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel's staff is both friendly and efficient. From the prompt valets who can provide you with directions to local attractions to the twice-daily maid service (includes an evening turn-down service, where your room will be tidied, clothes and shoes organized and towels replenished), every detail has been thought of to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
4. The pool. The Four Seasons Resort Whistler boasts a heated outdoor pool open year-round, along with adjacent hot-spring-style whirlpools. Open until 10 p.m. every day, the 75-foot pool is a surrounded by Whistler’s stunning mountain vista — snow-capped for most of the year, with lush green forest in the summer months. More for relaxation than laps, the pool reaches a maximum 4-foot depth. In the summer, poolside cabanas (up to 30) are set up, along with over a hundred chaise loungers and side tables. Helpful attendants can provide you with a spritz of Evian, polish your sunglasses (so sunscreen fingerprints don’t obscure your view) and hand out fresh fruit, cold towels and fresh water.
5. The gym. The hotel gym has a full range of fitness equipment, along with downloadable iPod personal training sessions and a yoga studio, where guests can enjoy yoga, Pilates, aerobics and stretching classes. The gym locker rooms are decked out with private showers, fresh towels and robes, L’Occitane hair and body care products, sundries (blow dryers, razors, cotton swaps) and a eucalyptus steam room (with chilled towels for afterwards).