Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll find a number of amenities to lure you out to The Allison Inn & Spa in Oregon, from its onsite farm-to-table restaurant to its relaxing spa. Here are our picks for the hotel’s best amenities:
1. The fireplaces. We swoon for the gas fireplaces in each room. Whether it’s a rainy winter day or a cool summer night, we love gazing at the amber glow from the six-foot soaking tub or sipping a local pinot hearthside.
2. The scenery. Tucked into 35 hillside acres, the property surrounding this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel enchants in any season. Jog or walk by historic hazelnut orchards, rolling vineyards and estate gardens. In the summertime, savor a pink-hued sunset while playing bocce ball or croquet, both sets available from concierge.
3. The spa. For an unforgettable evening, gift Candlelight & Roses to your sweetheart. The Allison Spa will prepare a luxury bath in the privacy of your suite, with essential oil, rose petals, tea light candles, a single red rose and a bottle of bubbly. It sets the scene for a sweep-her-off-her-feet moment.
4. JORY at The Allison Inn. Before you head out for a day of vineyard traipsing and wine tasting, pre-order a JORY picnic basket to take along. The basket (with blanket) includes a choice of assorted domestic and imported charcuterie, select Oregon artisan cheeses and housemade cookies from the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant. If you are staying during the summer months, this is the perfect accompaniment for an outdoor Willamette Shakespeare theater production in the vineyard.
5. The spa. Indulge in some luxurious treatments at The Allison Spa. Since you’re in Oregon wine country, try services seeped in vino, like the Mimosa Massage or Divine Wine Facial. Be sure to use the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa’s facilities, too — we enjoyed the infinity pool with a great view of giant evergreen trees.