Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you want to know the best reasons to stay at The Allison Inn & Spa, we can help. Here are our picks for the Oregon hotel’s standout features:
1. The heart of Oregon wine country. When you stay at The Allison Inn & Spa, you are surrounded by world-class pinot noir vineyards, and more than 200 wineries are within a 20-minute drive from the inn. You can visit iconic pioneers like Adelsheim Vineyard and off-the-beaten-path gems like Cameron Winery — where a cadre of goats snack on the greens between vineyard rows. The Allison is a 30-minute jaunt from downtown Portland, and if you crave a peek at the Pacific, a 1.5-hour scenic drive to the Oregon Coast.
2. The wine country cuisine. The resort’s 100-seat signature restaurant, JORY at The Allison Inn, spotlights farm-to-table cuisine and features local growers from nearby hazelnut farms, olive groves, orchards and even a handful of local cheesemakers. The extensive 800-label wine list found at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant will excite any oenophile, and foodies will swoon when they learn that the talented executive chef Sunny Jin honed his culinary chops at the legendary El Bulli and The French Laundry.
3. The art of The Allison. The beauty of the Pacific Northwest is captured in art throughout The Allison Inn & Spa. The private collection represents more than 100 local and regional artists working in diverse media — fiber, glass, sculpture, wood, photography and painting. In total, the Willamette Valley hotel showcases 500 artworks; each of the 85 suites has at least three pieces of original art with 37 paintings, sculptures and glass on display in public areas. Go on a do-it-yourself tour with a map provided by the concierge.
4. A blissful spa. Escape for a few hours or an entire day with luxurious treatments at The Allison Spa, a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa. First, take a dip in the infinity pool that overlooks towering evergreen trees or unwind in the steamy whirlpool. Then celebrate all things vinous with a signature Mimosa Massage or Divine Wine Facial.
5. The quality concierge. Whatever your needs, the concierge at The Allison Inn & Spa can help. From standard requests like car rentals, babysitting services, children’s activities and dog-walking to more eclectic choices, like hot-air balloons, vineyard horse-back-riding and Willamette Shakespeare summer series tickets, the staff has got you covered.