Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll be pleasantly surprised to find that Zurich is much more than an international business center or a hub for teenage trend-setters. This gorgeous city is also a great destination for families. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ recommendations for the five best things to do with kids in Zurich:
1. Meet some animals. If your kids are fascinated by animals, take your pick between Zurich Zoo (Zürich Zoologischer Garten), which is home to more than 340 different living species; and the Zoological Museum, which has many realistically preserved animals and remains.
2. Enjoy the view. The 2,864-foot-high Üetliberg Mountain offers spectacular panoramic views of Zurich. And since the summit is accessible either by walking paths or by train, it makes an ideal urban escape.
3. Explore the history of toys. Zurich Toy Museum is home to a 1,200-piece collection of antique toys from all around Europe. Your kids will be delighted by everything from 18th-century wooden horses to modern train sets and dollhouses.
4. Take a dip in the river. If the weather’s good, why not go for a swim in the river? The Flussbad Unterer Letten is a river bath that boasts not only has an 82-foot-long swimming pool but also a 12-foot-long kids’ paddling pool. You’ll also find a diving platform, a small playground, several sports facilities and a snack bar.
5. Explore Josefweise. Although it’s located in the heart of the industrial district, Josefwiese is Zurich’s biggest natural playground, with a large meadow, various eating options and open-air concerts during the summer.