Answers from Our Experts (1)
Don’t hesitate about making plans to bring your kids along with you to Abu Dhabi: From theme parks to green parks, you’ll have plenty of options to keep little ones entertained in this modern capital city. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best things to do with kids in Abu Dhabi:
1. Cycle the Corniche. Kids will love pedaling through the Corniche, Abu Dhabi’s beautiful waterfront area, atop a two- or three-seat bicycle that can be rented right on the boardwalk. There’s also one section of the Corniche that has a beach, park and other facilities specifically catered to families with children.
2. Visit Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Prepare yourself for an adrenaline-packed family affair at the largest indoor theme park in the world. Located on Yas Island, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has rides for kids of all ages, including Ferrari-inspired ride simulators, a race car “training camp” and, for those who meet the minimum height requirements, the fastest roller coaster on the planet.
3. Cruise Yas Marina Circuit. Yas Marina Circuit is another action-packed destination on Yas Island where the whole family can indulge some fun-filled motorsports. While adults have the opportunity to zip around a race track in a sports car, kids can grab a helmet and get behind the wheel of a go-kart at the Yas KartZone.
4. Tour the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital. This falcon sanctuary began as a simple veterinary clinic, but quickly became an unlikely tourist destination. In addition to visiting the museum and hospital, two-hour tours of the facilities include an opportunity to touch one of the birds and have your picture snapped with one.
5. Play at Sheikh Khalifa Park. Abu Dhabi is renowned for its swing- and slide-filled parks, with Sheikh Khalifa Park particularly popular with families thanks to the miniature railway you and your kids can hop on for a fun tour of the park’s canals and fountains.