Answers from Our Experts (2)
When you stay at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island, prepare for some pampering: Every time we turn a corner at this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, we find a new luxurious amenity that makes us love it that much more. Though it proved to be quite difficult, we've narrowed down the Sanctuary's five best amenities:
1. Turndown service. Whether you are coming in from a long day on the beach or golf course, there is nothing better than returning to a room that's primed for bedtime. The curtains are drawn, soft music plays from your nightstand radio, your comforter is turned down, robes wait on your bed, the lights are dimmed and a pleasant, soothing smell pervades the room. You'll be dozing in no time.
2. Local artwork. When you arrive at the luxury South Carolina hotel, you'll find notecards containing artwork by local artists as a special memento to take home.
3. Balconies. Forget about using a sound machine to hear the melody of crashing waves; you'll get your own ocean soundtrack at the luxury hotel. Every guest room has a balcony or terrace where you can enjoy the view and breeze off of the water. The balcony is the perfect place to enjoy your morning cup of Joe or just listen to the peaceful music of the slamming waves.
4. Free shoe shines. Don't worry about your shoes getting scuffed on the golf course or your loafers looking worn for your meeting; the Sanctuary at Kiawah Island gives out complimentary shoe shines to all guests.
5. A pool for adults. Sometimes the kids need a break from the parents and, more often, vice versa. The luxury hotel has a separate adults-only pool where you can have a quiet, relaxing tanning session or swim. Meanwhile, rowdy children can frolic in the family pool and play around with the hotel's water toys.
The five best amenities at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island are:
1. Free island-wide transportation during your entire stay at The Sanctuary.
2. Free beach and towel service during stay.
3. Complimentary wireless Internet anywhere in The Sanctuary — all the way down to the beach.
4. Welcome pure Southern ice tea and lemonade at check-in.
5. Complimentary coffee each morning in the lobby.