Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island strives to be kid-friendly, offering amenities that the whole family can enjoy together. So bring your clan and check out our picks for the best amenities for kids:
1) The Grand Lawn. At the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, kids have their run of a large lawn that's inspired by English gardens. Children can go there to run, fly kites or just play on the grass.
2) The pools. Your little one has her choice of two pools: One is for kiddies only and the other is an all-ages pool with a large waterfall fountain. Your child won't get bored hanging out at the pool. Of course, you also could bring her to the hotel's private beach for a change of scenery.
3) Kiddie programs. The Sanctuary offers Kids' Night Out and other fun programs for children to enjoy during their stay. The programs will keep them busy with crafts like making tie-dyed shirts and activities like laser tag. Plus, meals are provided.
4) Adjoining rooms. The luxury Kiawah Island hotel has 50 sets of connecting rooms to accommodate large families. You no longer have to worry about the kids being down the hall from you.
5) Beach toys. When you visit the luxury hotel's beach, your child will be armed with all the necessary supplies for in-the-water fun, including boogie boards, skim boards, floats and other toys.
The five best amenities for children at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island are:
1. Kamp Kiawah for kids ages three to 11
2. Turtles’ Nest Art Studio
3. Family crafts, including suncatchers, tie-dye and stepping stones
4. A wide variety of youth and teen activities, like pick-up basketball volleyball and soccer games, laser tag, etc.
5. Family kayaking and nature tours