Answers from Our Experts (2)
The loveable aspects of The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island revolve around its dedication to customer service and close attention to details, which make the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel feel welcoming and homey while providing the quality you expect from one of the best-ranked hotels in the world. The things we love most about The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island are:
1. The hotel resembles a huge, exquisite mansion more than a typical hotel. The warm greetings the staff provide the moment you walk inside puts you at ease and eager to explore the hotel. The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island manages to balance the sophisticated and upscale with the relaxed and welcoming, quickly becoming your dream home in so many ways — if you're okay with 255 guestrooms, of course.
2) The attention to detail at this luxury Kiawah Island hotel is remarkable. Staff members know you by name and public spaces have strategically placed sitting areas that make you feel like a guest of someone's home instead of just another hotel customer. For repeat visitors, the staff will pick up on details and leave gifts related to your preferences based on your conversations and habits.
3. The quality and variety of all the furnishings make the luxury hotel visually appealing and entertaining while it avoids being stiff, pretentious or too structured.
4. Every single room has a balcony or terrace for you to enjoy all with a beautiful view of the surrounding coastal environment. A majority of these rooms even boast an ocean view.
5. Its U-shaped design means many rooms overlook the large, English-inspired lawn and garden that serve as a perfect place to lounge in the Adirondack chairs, fly a kite, have a picnic or enjoy one of the many events the hotels has out on the lawn. This feature further emphasizes The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island's sense of being a houseguest, more than just another hotel guest.
The five things we love most about The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island are:
1. It is one of the top 10 beaches in America (according to Dr. Stephen Leatherman, renowned “beachologist,” also known as “Dr. Beach”).
2. Its tennis center is world-class. It was rated as the No. 1 tennis resort in the world by Tennis Resorts Online and No. 3 in the U.S. by Tennis magazine.
3. Its premier golf course, The Ocean Course, was named the No. 4 public course in America by both Golf and Golf Digest magazines and will be hosting the 2012 PGA Championship.
4. Its grounds have been classified as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International (as have all five golf courses on Kiawah Island Golf Resort).
5. All this just 21 miles from beautiful and historic Charleston, S.C., one of America’s top destination cities.