Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island focuses on relaxation, pampering and fun in the sun, so your suitcase should reflect that environment. We think you should pack:
1. A trip to Kiawah Island would not be complete without some time on the pristine beaches, so bring your swimwear. And if the beach isn’t quite your thing, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel also offers three outdoor pools (and one of them just for adults) and one indoor pool that still suggest a swimsuit should be in your luggage.
2. Expect sunny days year-round, which means sunglasses and sunscreen are a must if you plan on spending time outdoors. The intense glare of the sun on this Southern island will punish your skin if you aren’t careful.
3. Bring comfortable daywear to wear while you lounge around the hotel or your balcony. There are inviting sitting areas placed throughout the hotel that let you get lost in a good book, newspaper or even to steal a catnap.
4. Athletic shoes are always a good idea. That goes without mentioning the bike trails, tennis courts, golf courses and other active pursuits available on the island and on the luxury Kiawah Island hotel's grounds.
5. Nice cocktail bar and dinner attire. The lobby bar and The Ocean Room bar and restaurant all offer a great excuse to get dressed up and enjoy the elegant atmosphere.
Five things to pack for a stay at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island are:
1. Golf clubs
3. Suntan lotion
4. Tennis racket
5. Casual evening clothes for a trip into Charleston