Answers from Our Experts (1)
The design style of The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island evokes a luxe Southern antebellum mansion that is both inviting and elegant. Though it may be difficult to picture The Sanctuary without actually experiencing all of its charm, we've come up with a few words that we think best describe the style of this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Warm. From the inviting chairs in the lobby's sitting areas to the earthy color palette that fills the hotel, you'll feel at home the moment you step foot into The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island. The sunset streaming in from the large windows and balconies creates a warm and alluring atmosphere.
2. Classic. The designers carefully selected elements that could be found in any abode. Around every corner, you'll discover home accents such as globes, chests, portraits and antique lamps. Comfortable and classic, these elements combine in a way that makes the setting unique, sophisticated and elegant.
3. Southern. The entire first and second floors are designed like a plantation home complete with east and west wings, sitting parlors, a gentleman's bar and a living room. Each room showcases portraits, trophies and other personal touches, which give the luxury hotel a homey feel. The luxury Kiawah Island hotel really is a home away from home.
4. Exquisite. The hotel is maintained immaculately, and it works hard to keep it that way. Each January, the Sanctuary shuts down for five days to undergo a thorough cleaning that rivals its pristine look on opening day.
5. Indulgent. The spacious rooms, comfortable seating arrangements scattered throughout the hotel and elegant touches will make you long for a life of luxury year-round. A stay here is a special treat that you won't soon forget.