Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Ocean Room is a prime steakhouse, so many of the best dishes won’t exactly suit vegetarians; meat eaters, on the other hand, have plenty to be happy about. We feel the five best things to order are:
1. The chef’s tasting menu. This menu is only available within the first hour of the restaurant opening each night, so make sure to book your reservations within the timeslot if you want to take advantage of the three-course option. The tasting menu focuses on seasonal ingredients and offers an optional wine pairing with each course.
2. Bone-In Ribeye. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant also offers a huge, 40-ounce bone-in ribeye that’s brought to your table and carved right on the spot to retain its juices. Of course we don’t expect you to eat this all in one sitting — even though you’ll want to — so we suggest you share a bite or two with the table.
3. Filet Mignon. Sure, filet mignon is a safe bet at just about every steakhouse, but The Ocean Room filet mignon is tender, juicy and perfectly complements the intimate surroundings. Pair it with a couple of family-style sides and you’ve got yourself a fabulous steak dinner.
4. Any seasonal cut of beef. This steakhouse offers seasonal cuts of beef, including the 130-degree tenderloin and a dry-aged Mibek raised nearby especially for The Ocean Room. These prime cuts are always fresh, flavorful and a give you plenty of reason to come back to the Four-Star restaurant.
5. Salmon. We know it’s a steakhouse, but the salmon at The Ocean Room is an excellent option if you eschew red meat. Though the luxury Kiawah Island restaurant is named for the views out its windows and not for where its food grows — it doesn’t hurt to have a few terrific seafood options on the menu.