Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s difficult to narrow down the five best treatments at The Spa at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island, as the therapists strive to make each and every treatment exceptional and many of the services specifically target your trouble spots. Even so, somebody’s gotta do it. With that in mind, here’s our list of the best treatments:
1. The avocado coconut wrap. This 60-minute treatment aims to give you total body hydration to make your skin silky, soft and beautiful. You’re cocooned in a body mask made of omega-rich coconut oil and avocado butter, while a warm compress made of organic herbs detoxifies your skin and body even more, with the aim of reducing any inflammation and restoring your body to its best state of hydration. While in the wrap, you’ll also receive a mini facial and scalp massage to further relax and rejuvenate you.
2. The mint julep hydrating facial. This facial is another treat that should not be missed during your visit to the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa. This Southern-inspired facial uses plant-based products to help restore your skin to its best state by detoxifying and soothing. The treatments begins with a deep cleanse, with peppermint oil then massaged into your skin. An antioxidant mask by Naturopathica finishes the experience to get your face back to its peak moisture level.
3. The Southern hospitality facial. adds a little extra to your typical facial experience. Brief face, scalp and foot massages add to the classic facial treatment to give you a total body experience and soft, dewy skin.
4. CranioSacral therapy. For a unique offering that emphasizes the luxury Kiawah Island spa’s health and wellness philosophy, try the CranioSacral Therapy. This 60-minute procedure is highly recommended if you experience migraines, chronic fatigue or stress-induced tension. Your therapist will work to rebalance your body’s natural rhythm of your CranioSacral system and help alleviate areas of pressure and tension. The goal is to restore your body to a state of balance and optimal performance.
5. The signature massage. The 60- or 90-minute experience, employs traditional Swedish massage techniques, but also uses heated grain-and-herb-filled wraps by DreamTime on areas of your body that are not being massaged at the moment, allowing every area of your body to experience attention, even while your therapists’ hands aren’t directly working on them. The wraps envelope you in a cocoon of warmth, readying your muscles to enjoy the benefits of your massage more fully. You’ll sink into the massage table as every part of you is pampered and treated.