Answers from Our Experts (1)
It is hard to go wrong with any of the dishes or drinks served at Coast, the fine-dining restaurant at Ocean House in Rhode Island. But to whet your appetite, here’s a short list of the five best things to order:
1. The Ocean House Southsider.This is the classic cocktail of Watch Hill, Rhode Island. It starts with muddled lemon and fresh mint that are topped with Mount Gay rum, simple syrup, Fever Tree Bitter Lemon Soda, and finished with a Myers dark rum float.
2. The slow-cooked Vermont pheasant breast. This delicacy is perfectly prepared at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant with crispy skin and tender juicy meat. It comes with a menagerie of seasonal vegetables that line the length of the plate adding fresh color and flavor. Finally, alongside is a piping hot dish of risotto made with tender confit of pheasant leg, wild mushrooms, and just a luxurious spoonful of mascarpone cheese.
3. Butter-poached lobster. This pure taste of New England is second to none. Sublimely sweet and tender lobster is served with vegetables and a sauce that changes based on what’s in season and most fresh that day.
4. Soufflé. One of the restaurant’s signature offerings is the soufflé of the evening. Each day the pastry chef creates a fresh soufflé that highlights ingredients that are super-seasonal then pairs them it with a luscious sauce.
5. New England cheese plate. Finally, whether ordered as an appetizer or after-dinner nibble, the New England cheese plate is an excellent choice. It features a selection of cheeses from local farms along with a scattering red currants, fig mostarda, fresh green apple and honeycomb to complement the earthy flavors of the cheeses.