Answers from Our Experts (2)
Though you’ll have a whole slew of treatments available to you at Spa at The Broadmoor, a few in particular stand out. In our opinion, these are the five best treatments you can get there:
1. The latest and greatest treatment at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa is a package called the Lu’Lur Ceremony ($315). Inspired by an Indonesian pre-wedding beauty ritual that lasts several days, it has been adapted to take about three hours. A 30-minute soak in a private tub with rose-scented bath salts (and a rubber ducky) kicks off the ritual it’s followed by a hibiscus-and-turmeric body scrub, a Swedish massage with jasmine oil and a moisturizing session with coconut body lotion that includes acupressure.
2. Both the lavish Ceremonial Turmeric Scrub and the Coconut Cream Delight are offered as à la carte treatments. These will help buff and replenish your skin, no matter how dry the winter air gets.
3. A hydrotherapy session in the 18-head Serenity Shower ($35) is another spa specialty; the state-of-the-art, beautifully tiled stall is computerized to adjust to your height and preferred temperature and water pressure. You won’t find a more thorough or relaxing shower experience in any spa.
4. To take years off the face you show the world, try the Premium Facial ($225), a 90-minute, eight-step extravaganza that includes a back rub, scalp massage and acupressure. It’s a whole lot more than just a mask for your face.
5. During the 70-minute Ashiatsu Deep Therapy Massage ($215), therapists don’t use their hands, but their bare feet to knock out the knots. It might be a little different from your usual massage, but we think that’s a good thing.
The Signature Shower is the perfect start to any Spa experience. Eighteen shower heads featuring varying pressures and temperatures help the mind escape and allow the body to begin the process of relaxation. An Ashiatsu Massage will work through the knots and kinks we all have. Our Coconut Cream Delight will send your senses on vacation as you indulge in this thoroughly hydrating wrap. The Premium Facial will create a memory unlike any other and decadent the Lu’Lur ceremony, taken from bridal rituals on the island of Bali, will leave you feeling indulged.