Answers from Our Experts (1)
There is no shortage of fabulous places to stay in Dubai, but be prepared to pay handsomely for the privilege of living like Middle Eastern royalty. These are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best places to stay in Dubai:
1. Armani Hotel Dubai. This luxury Dubai hotel is located within the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, which lends you a trendy and easy-to-find address while you’re in town. The 160 guest rooms and suites here feature amenities personally designed by Georgio Armani, and you’ll have easy access to At.mosphere on the building’s 123rd floor, where you’ll enjoy one of the world’s most memorable views over expensive cocktails worth every dirham.
2. Burj Al-Arab. This opulent all-suite hotel is one of the first of the iconic hotel-skyscrapers that pepper the Dubai skyline and is still a favorite for its decadent luxury. Airport transfers via Rolls Royce or charter helicopter are one of many available perks, and families with kids will appreciate unlimited access to the popular Wild Wadi waterpark.
3. Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai. A relatively new entrant to the market, Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai features guest rooms and suites with stunning bathrooms highlighted by floor-to-ceiling windows that, for those who aren’t self-conscious, afford mind-boggling views over the city. Japanese restaurant Icho, located on the 49th – 51st floors, is one of the top dining spots in the city and one of this luxury hotel’s seven onsite bars and restaurants.
4. One&Only Royal Mirage. You’ll enjoy a pampered stay at this beachfront resort that’s located near Dubai’s artificial Palm Island on 65 immaculately manicured acres of lush greenery. Accommodations here are divided into three distinct sections: Opt for one of the 231 guest rooms and suites at The Palace for breathtaking views of the Gulf; head to the Arabian Court for a unique stay in one of the 161 guest rooms or 10 suites marked by innovative architecture and private balconies or terraces; or splurge on an exclusive villa, suite or guest room at the private, Arabian-style Residence & Spa.
5. The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai. This stunning beachfront hotel is situated in the Marina district, where the sizzling hotbed of expat activity means ample opportunities for jogging, shopping and indulging boozy brunches. All of the 138 guest rooms and suites here feature private balconies or patios, marble baths, 32-inch flat-screen television and a host of other luxurious amenities.