Answers from Our Experts (2)
The best treatments at The Spa at Palmetto Bluff are:
1. The Palmetto Classic. Masseurs and masseuses tailor this 50- or 90-minute massage for you depending on your needs while incorporating essential oils you choose at the start of the treatment based on your desired outcome for the treatment (do you want to relax, energize or heal?).
2. Palmetto Bluff Mud Wrap. After exfoliating with the Bluffton spa's pine sea salt, indulge in a specially formulated and fortified mud wrap. While the mud is working its magic, a therapist gives a hair and scalp treatment to ease mind and body while you are swaddled. The last step includes an evergreen oil application to lock in the moisture.
3. Southern Comfort Facial. This treatment begins time in your private steam, massage and shower before allowing a therapist to massage your face with a geranium cleanser. A calendula, mint and lavender remedy wrap is then applied to dry skin followed by an herbal moisturizer.
4. Southern Floral Anti-Aging Facial. Therapists use lactic acid and rose, geranium and black raspberry seed oil to exfoliate and brighten mature skin.
5. Lemon-aide pedicure. Let a nail technician exfoliate and nourish your feet with a sugar and lemon juice mixture, followed by a paraffin treatment.
If you want to plan a spa day at The Spa at Palmetto Bluff, check out our picks for the best treatments:
1. Baths on the Bluff. This may be just a bath, but we love that you soak alfresco on your own veranda with a gorgeous view of the surrounding trees and lagoon as birds chirp in the background. There are several bath treatments — try the lemon balm and jasmine for help with weariness and insomnia, or the cypress and juniper to detoxify and boost circulation.
2. Sugah Pie Honey. While this sounds more like a dessert than a spa service, it is a sweet treatment for your body. Dead skin gets sloughed away with a scrub made of roses, milk and sugar. Next, it is replenished with a honey mask, your tresses get a treatment, your body is massaged and a facial tops it all off. The service is a spa day in and of itself.
3. The Deep South. Despite its name, this massage uses Thai and shiatsu techniques. The full-body service is especially good for those who have tightness around the neck and shoulders from hunching over their computers all day long.
4. Palmetto Pluff Mud Wrap. The marshy May River outside of the luxury spa was the inspiration for this wrap. Get exfoliated with a pine sea salt scrub, then you’ll be covered with the nourishing mud. As the mud sets on the skin, your scalp will be massaged.
5. The Bluff’s Best. This is a sampler platter of the Hilton Head spa’s signature services. Start in the Vichy-shower-equipped Rain Room for a body scrub and massage. Then the gentle Infusion Facial will restore damaged skin with LED light therapy and three masks. Finally, feet get pampered with the Lemon-Aide Pedicure. A paraffin treatment and the lemon, which acts as an antioxidant, will soften heels.