Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’ve come to Craftsteak, you’re probably looking for a good piece of meat. That’s because this Forbes Travel Guide recommended locale, tucked inside Las Vegas’ MGM Grand, pays homage to all meats roasted, gilled and braised. But don’t think that James Beard Award-winning chef Tom Colicchio only speaks beef; this Top Chef star works to create an innovative menu where the small farm-sourced sides are as inventive as the meats, making this no run-of-the-mill casino steakhouse. Although the menu regularly changes depending on the variety and availability of the farmer’s produce, here are a few menu items that caught our eye:
1. One of the most popular dishes at Craftsteak is also one of the most laborious: the braised short ribs, a Colicchio signature dish, take three days to make. As part of the process, these beef short ribs are braised for 24 hours, giving them a soft toothsome bite you won’t want to miss.
2. Craftsteak is the MGM’s flagship mecca for all things protein, so if you dine at this restaurant, you’ll probably want to try some meat. Our top pick is the Grilled Australian A5 Wagyu Skirt Steak, a Kobe varietal that is packed with beefy flavor.
3. This may be a steakhouse, but chef Tom Colicchio is just as talented with his small farm-sourced vegetables as he is with the meat. One of the most requested items on the menu that we couldn’t help but fall in love with is the Brentwood sweet corn side dish.
4. Get the surf-and-turf experience, without having to order a massive entrée. We suggest the lobster bisque as a starter, followed by any of Craftsteak’s impressive cuts of meat. This thick and creamy tarragon-spiced soup will fill your seafood craving with 4-ounces of tender lobster meat.
5. Although all of pastry chef Carrie Chesto’s desserts offer a sweet ending to a meal at Craftsteak, we particularly like her house made ice creams and sorbets. This pastry chef always has at least six flavors on offer, and the flavors — such as kaffir lime leaf ice cream, cranberry orange sorbet and milk chocolate malt ice cream — change seasonally.