Answers from Our Experts (2)
We found it difficult to leave Altira Macau because there are so many things we love about the hotel. We narrowed them down to five:
1. The view. Because the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is the tallest building in Taipa, it offers panoramas of the Macau peninsula. The view, which is available from every room because of the floor-to-ceiling windows, is a stunning picturesque scene, looking out over the South China Sea and offers nice people-watching on the Macau peninsula. It’s the perfect merging of tranquility and city life.
2. The location. We loved Altira’s secluded location; it makes you feel like you’re away from it all. This is the hotel to stay in if you are looking for a peaceful retreat with the option to gamble or shop if you get the itch.
3. The Five-Star Altira Spa pampers you from the moment you walk into the calming waiting area. All massages, wraps and facials are personalized and you will leave feeling healed from the outside in.
4. Outstanding service. The excellent staff at this luxury Macau hotel is warm, friendly and attentive. Our every need was anticipated and taken care of the entire time we were there.
5. The pool and fitness center. The indoor infinity-edged pool is one of the best in the world (seriously), and you’d be remiss not to at least lounge by it on one of the extremely cushy chairs and take in the breathtaking view of the peninsula.
There is a lot to love about Altira Macau, but these are our favorites:
The View. It�s pretty hard to deny the view at Altira Macau. In fact, we make sure that the view is the first thing you experience upon arrival at the hotel. Our lobby is located on the 38th floor, and offers our guests incredible views of the Macau peninsula. In fact, every guestroom at Altira Macau has a stunning view of the Macau peninsula.
The Spa. At Altira Macau, we pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art spa. Whereas most properties in the area focus mostly on casinos, our spa is our signature product. It is designed for a minimalistic feel and filled with scents of lemongrass and geranium, and our staff is dedicated to making sure you feel as relaxed as possible.
The Cuisine. We love variety at Altira Macau. Instead of presenting our guests with limited options for meals, we have five restaurants, offering everything from a casual dining experience to an epicurean extravaganza. Ying is our benchmark for Chinese fine dining with its refined traditional and modern interpretations of Cantonese cuisine. Kira is our contemporary approach to Japanese fare; Tenmasa is a branch of Japan�s sensational tempura specialties; Aurora is authentic Italian cuisine; and Monsoon features casual Macau and Hong Kong style favorites.
The Personal Service. Above all else, it is pertinent for us to provide stellar personal service to all of our guests. We want to make you feel comfortable and at home, and feel it is important to treat you with the upmost importance and respect. Whether it�s us addressing you directly by your name or granting a special request, we are here to ensure that you have an unforgettable stay.
The Pool. Our infinity-edge pool is rated one of the best in the world, and we�re extremely proud of it. With floor-to-ceiling windows, an outdoor terrace, underwater music and a constant water temperature of 84 to 86 F, a dip in the pool will truly be a one-of-a-kind experience for our guests.