Answers from Our Experts (1)
Perusing the menu for The Spa at Bernardus Lodge, you’ll find a long list of treatments that sound satisfying and restorative. But here’s our list of the five best treatments at The Spa at Bernardus Lodge:
1. Mediterranean Gold. The Spa at Bernardus Lodge was the first to take the ultra-moisturizing McEvoy 80 Acres olive oil balm and turn it into a body treatment. You’ll be slathered in this fresh, green smelling balm, then the massage therapist will use hot basalt mineral stones to work it into your skin while relaxing your muscles.
2. Anti-Aging Enzyme Treatment. Also known as the “red carpet facial,” this treatment based on products by Arcona from Los Angeles promises to leave you with smooth and beautiful skin. The enzymes travel deep into the skin to cleanse and hydrate safely — meaning with no telltale red skin afterwards.
3. Mushroom Medley. Mushrooms aren’t just delicious — they’re loaded with antioxidants that are good for the skin. Based on products by Ajne of Carmel, this treatment starts with a foaming salt scrub scented with cepes mushrooms, oak moss and pine. After a quick shower, warm stones are used to massage the skin with a woodsy fir and spruce oil loaded with more mushroom antioxidants.
4. La Stone Therapy. Inspired by the Native Americans who inhabited the area that’s now Monterey County, this healing experience contrasts warm basalt mineral stones and cold marble stones, which are lain on the chakras — the body’s energy centers.
5. Bernardus Mélange. In this fully customized treatment, guests combine a 60-minute massage with a pair of 25-minute services. Add on a skin exfoliation, scalp massage, hand treatment or hot stones for 110 minutes of bliss. This one also can be done for couples.