Answers from Our Experts (1)
When staying at The Dream Downtown, there are five things to know about this hip and trendy hotel:
1. Dress to impress. At all times of day, the hotel is abuzz with trendsetters who are clad in chic Italian prints or loose white linen pants making you feel like you’re in Miami, so you’ll want to dress accordingly.
2. Go to the pool early. As the pool has limited seating, we recommend getting there between 10 and 11 in the morning during the hot summer months (and even earlier on the weekends) to ensure you nab a prime spot in the sun. Luckily, it’s only open to guests of the New York City hotel, so that works in your favor.
3. Get into PH-D. Until 9:30 p.m., hotel guests are guaranteed access to hot spot PH-D, the rooftop bar. However, after that time, entrance is up to the doorman’s discretion, so if you want to make sure you get into this popular nightclub, we recommend heading there early for some cocktails.
4. Order a Kelvin slushie. You might see the light green and blue Kelvin Natural Slush Co. food truck roaming around town during your visit, but The Beach has its own selection of these all-natural fruit slushies that you’ll definitely want to take advantage of while laying by the pool.
5. People are watching you. Look up when you walk into the lobby of the Meatpacking District hotel and you’ll know what we mean. The outdoor pool has several glass portholes on its base that overlook the lobby, so you likely will see some people watching you from above.