Answers from Our Experts (1)
Staying at the swanky Peninsula New York is made all the more luxurious by the bevy of in-room and hotel wide amenities that add convenience and fun to your trip. Though there are dozens more, these are our five favorite amenities at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star New York hotel:
1. Whether you need a ride to a Broadway show or the Metropolitan Museum of Art, travel in style with the hotel’s complimentary house car, a custom BMW 750 Series. It’s available on a first-come, first-served basis to take you within a 30-block radius of the hotel. Staying in a suite? Then you’ll also have exclusive access to two Mini Coopers that are complimentary for three hours at a time, which is perfect for a shopping trip or dinner outing.
2. While some hotels offer high-tech features in guest rooms that are difficult to navigate, The Peninsula New York makes sure gadgets are both modern and accessible. Each room features a flat-screen television, speakerphone technology in the bathroom and an easy-to-use bedside panel that controls the temperature, lighting, television, music and outside privacy sign.
3. We love the luxury hotel’s pool and sun deck — a true rarity among New York hotels. Located on the 22nd floor, the pool is heated to a relaxing 84 F and features chaise lounges, arm chairs, towels and pillows as well as gorgeous views of Fifth Avenue. The sun deck opens for the summer and is the perfect place to relax and work on your tan. Coffee, tea, fresh fruit, robes and floats are all at your disposal, adding another level of luxury to your stay.
4. If you want to relax in the sauna, take a fitness class or get an intense cardio workout, the hotel gym is the place to go. Located within the hotel’s Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa and boasting sweeping floor-to-ceiling views of Fifth Avenue, the gym is open seven days a week to hotel and spa guests — as well as locals with memberships — and features various cardio and weight-training equipment, flat-screen TVs, bamboo floors and a separate studio for classes. When you stay at the New York hotel, you’ll have access to the lockers, steam room, showers and sauna at the spa.
5. The guest room bathrooms are among the most spacious in the city and help set this luxury hotel apart. You’ll find a deep-soaking tub, shower and separate toilet in the bathrooms, as well as a flat-screen television and speakerphone technology so you can take a relaxing bath, but still catch up on news or take a phone call. Light floral-scented Davi bath products, exclusive to The Peninsula New York, are offered — we love the lotion that spreads on your skin like softened butter.