Answers from Our Experts (2)
If you want to know what The Peninsula New York’s like, we can sum up the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s style in five words:
1. Understated. Although the New York hotel oozes luxury, it doesn’t overdo it. For example, the Peninsula keeps its walls dressed in neutrals, rather than using a flashy hue.
2. Elegant. It may be understated, but the hotel isn’t boring. Its luxe details, like marble floors and fresh flower arrangements, give it a sophisticated touch. The lobby is just as you’d imagine in old New York — crystal chandeliers, dark wood and two striking grand staircases. It’s opulent, but not gaudy, and manages to exude comfort. This vibe carries over into the guestrooms, where you’ll find cozy seating areas, a marble-tiled bathroom and plush beds with feather pillows and crisp, smooth linens.
3. Throwback. The luxury hotel’s style calls upon traditional Manhattan elegance at the turn of the 20th century. Designed in classic Beaux-Arts style, the building stretches 23 stories tall and features an exterior with limestone carvings, columns and copper accents — like we said, a definite throwback.
4. Historic. The Peninsula New York has a rich history. Built in 1905, the landmark building is the former home of the Gotham, a historic hotel.
5. Pristine. This word describes all aspects of the hotel combined, from the beautiful entrance to the luxurious in-room touches. We think you’ll agree with that assessment after staying at The Peninsula New York.
The five words we would use to describe the style of The Peninsula New York are: elegance, bespoke, luxurious, convenient, and sophistication.
In a city as dynamic as New York, convenience is paramount. Luckily for our guests, we are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, surrounded by high-end shopping, dining, museums and theaters.
Sophistication greets you on the steps of our hotel entrance by the doormen, at check-in and with a personalized welcome card in your pristine suite.
Elegance is in full bloom year round at The Peninsula New York — you’ll find fresh floral arrangements and clean, classically furnished restaurants and suites.
Setting the tone for The Peninsula New York and all Peninsula hotels, bespoke cream hues trimmed with Peninsula green make a statement on everything from menus to our Mini Coopers and suites.
Luxury is about meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations. From the basics, such as luxurious linens and amazing turndown services, to the superlative, such as our amazing concierge team securing sold-out theatre tickets, luxury is ever-present during your stay with us.