Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are five things you should know about Bouley, a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant:
1. Dress to impress. Bouley’s dress code is “casual celebratory,” meaning men must wear a jacket. With its location in New York’s Financial District in Tribeca, most of the clientele are in suits and dresses, so plan your wardrobe accordingly.
2. It doesn’t have a bar. While stocked with the finest wines and cocktail concoctions, the restaurant itself does not have a proper bar. However, you are more than welcome to order one of the eatery’s signature drinks (or any other tipple) while you wait in the lounge for your table.
3. Even the bathroom is intricately detailed. Design buffs will rejoice at the sublime furnishings dotting this eatery. Lush tapestries, idyllic paintings and silver candelabras set a decidedly festive mood.
4. Schedule a long lunch (or dinner). Though service at Bouley is attentive, don’t expect to speed through your meal. A typical six-course dinner tasting menu will take two to three hours.
5. The romance factor is high. The majority of tables at Bouley are occupied by couples, and you’re unlikely to find any solo diners. Rather, the cozy banquettes for two, rich tapestries and roaring fireplace set the stage high for romance. Save this for the lady (or fella) you’re looking to woo.