Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five words we would use to describe The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes’ style are:
1. Beachy. Drawing on the area's tropical environment, as well as its location on its namesake Grande Lakes, nautical flairs can be found throughout, such as wooden model ships on consoles in the Lobby Lounge and watercolors of the everglades.
2. Laid-back. Though this property is a great conference hotel, this is Florida, after all. Staff are professional, yet laid-back, and so is the atmosphere.
3. Secluded. As the guest arrives on the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, they drive along a long and winding road through the golf course to arrive at the Ritz-Carlton's large building. Upon entering the building's marbled foyer, they are whisked to the reception desk, from which it’s possible to view guests meeting in the Lobby Lounge overlooking a whimsical shaped pool along the Grande Lakes. The property is situated away from Orlando's hustle and bustle.
4. Beautiful. Guest rooms feature beachy and homey décor, and the exterior areas are equally as spacious and inviting. There are plenty of amply wide walkways to roam between the Ritz and the JW Marriott, and the property is meticulously landscaped with hedges and shrubs. Rooms with balconies on the back of the hotel have a view of a lagoon or lake and the golf course, as well as the Ritz-Carlton pool. There is also a beautiful fountain. All of the walkways and patios are tiled in pale yellow/beige stone.
5. Elegant. Despite the property's laidback appeal outside and in the guest rooms, it features the elegant Norman's restaurant. Nosh on New World cuisine — a fusion of Latin, Caribbean and Asian recipes using traditional European techniques — while gazing at the lake and golf course.