Answers from Our Experts (1)
With a century’s worth of history and a sprawling oceanfront property, The Breakers Palm Beach is full of wonderful secrets to uncover. But five important things to know about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel before you visit are:
1. Rent a car there. Hertz is available in the lobby and a car can be reserved the same day if you wish.
2. Bring multiple swimsuits. With several pools to choose from, plus the ocean, you'll be swimming each day, or at least lounging by the water.
3. Watch for packages and specials. During the off-season, rates at The Breakers are very reasonable, particularly for families since there is complimentary Wi-Fi, kids' camp, kids' meals and fitness classes such as Zumba.
4. It's easy to get there from the airport. It's only about a 10- to 15-minute ride from Palm Beach International Airport to The Breakers’ front door.
5. Visit the spa. The Spa at The Breakers, Palm Beach is top-notch, with an array of services to choose from and the occasional package or special. It's located near the main pool, and spa guests can wander in and out as they wish.