Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Breakers Palm Beach is not short on style, but if we had to choose only five words to describe the resort’s look, they would be:
1. Sophisticated. Whether it's the ornate paintings, frescoed ceilings or luxurious furnishings, guests get the impression of sophistication.
2. Formal. Staff here is formal and professional, though it is perfectly fine for you to relax and walk around in a swimsuit cover-up.
3. Elegant. Step into the HMF bar, among other public areas, and the air of decadence is impossible to ignore.
4. Historic. Traces of Henry Flagler's story and imprint on the hotel are evident throughout the grounds, if you pay attention.
5. Interesting. There's always a nook or cranny to explore, or something to look at. You never know where you’ll find another fountain or garden at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel.