Answers from Our Experts (1)
Our favorite amenities at the newly opened Andaz Shanghai are:
1. Complimentary mini-bar. Peckish guests will be glad to know that all non-alcoholic beverages and snacks in the rooms are complimentary, including two flavors of chips, a handful of Hershey chocolate bars, sodas, juices, and still and sparkling mineral waters.
2. Wi-Fi with VPN. Internet access at the hotel is not only complimentary, but comes with a built-in VPN that allows guests to access a number of news, social media and video-watching websites that are otherwise, shall we say, difficult to view on the mainland.
3. Refreshments in lobby. In-house guests at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel are welcome to a table in the reception area replete with an all-day presentation of cookies and fruit, along with white and red wine from 5 to 7 p.m.
4. Mood lighting in the rooms. A false skylight above the bed and the acrylic bases of the bathroom tub and sink are furnished with customizable mood lighting that comes in a rainbow of neon colors.
5. Local guide in the room. Open the silk-lined purple box in the room and flip to the book for an illustrated and helpful map of the area, displaying points of interest, tourist attractions and must-dos for leisure visitors.