Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things about the laidback yet luxurious Andaz Shanghai are:
1. Private wireless network. The hotel’s wireless access is complimentary and routed through a VPN, meaning guests can access any and all websites that might otherwise be unavailable in China.
2. Location. The hotel is located right on the border of the popular Xintiandi area, where upscale restaurants, cafes and lifestyle stores are housed inside traditional stone Shanghai shikumens.
3. Lobby lounge. We love the buzzy atmosphere and living room feel of the two-story sunken lounge, which features plenty of natural light through a wall of windows and homey touches like leather club chairs, low wooden coffee tables and a central sideboard displaying stacks of magazines and framed photos of guests.
4. Customizable lighting. Low in utility but high in novelty, the mood LED lighting installed in the false skylight above the bed and the boxy acrylic bases of the tub and sink provide a playful touch to the rooms that will entertain guests of all ages, if only for a few moments.
5. Complimentary amenities. In addition to free non-alcoholic beverages and snacks from the guest room mini-bars, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel also offers an all-day display of cookies and fruit in the reception host area, as well as complimentary red and white wine with Riedel glassware from 5 to 7 p.m.