Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things to eat and drink while staying at the Andaz Shanghai are:
1. Éclair at Éclair. This cozy café off the front of the lobby is known for its eponymous treat, which come in flavors like caramel, mango and Grand Marnier.
2. Double boiled chicken soup. This traditional Chinese soup available for room service has a delicate flavor and perfect consistency, with pieces of bamboo pith, wild mushrooms and fish maw.
3. Andaz Shanghai. Be sure to stop in the Andaz Lounge for one of the signature Andaz cocktails, like the Kir Royal, which is made with original crème de cassis liqueur from France.
4. Afternoon tea. Hai Pai, the restaurant at the back of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, offers a tempting afternoon tea complete with sandwiches, scones and signature éclairs.
5. Fresh noodle soup. Those trying out the breakfast buffet at Hai Pai can enjoy made-to-order eggs and customized noodle soup, prepared by one of the chefs at the open kitchen in a variety of styles like Shanghainese and wonton.