Answers from Our Experts (1)
Tang Court is a highly regarded restaurant serving Shanghainese, Sichuan and Cantonese cuisine. Here are five other things to know before your visit:
1. Tang Court is the signature restaurant inside the Four-Star Langham, Xintiandi, a luxury hotel located in one of Shanghai’s most popular tourist districts.
2. Award-winning Hong Kong chef Kwong Wei Keung and Shanghainese chef Tony Su create the food here. The chefs work together to create the long menu of seafood, poultry and barbecue dishes.
3. Tang Court’s light-filled and modern setting attracts a young, fashionable crowd as well as business people holding more formal dinners.
4. There’s a razor-sharp attention to detail here. Elegant touches include the staff’s uniforms — courtesy of renowned fashion designer Lu Kun — and the bone china table settings by Narumi.
5. Although the Shanghai restaurant is in a new, luxury hotel and serves exquisite cuisine, the prices can be quite reasonable, especially for lunch and weekend dim sum meals.