Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are plenty of great treatments that will leave you feeling relaxed and renewed at Water’s Edge, Shanghai. Here are the five we like best at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa:
1. Signature massage. There’s something about Park Hyatt Shanghai that makes you crave simplicity, so the signature massage is a top pick. Therapists use a variety of techniques and aromatherapy oils to loosen up any tension.
2. The Complete Reset. For those who are under constant deadline, as many of the VIP and business travelers staying at the Shanghai hotel are, this treatment is just the ticket for bringing back some balance. The relaxation begins by breathing in soothing mint and lavender Aromatherapy Associates oils. Then it’s on to a stress-busting massage that targets the shoulders, neck and hip areas where tension is usually stored. Finally, body brushing taken from the traditional Chinese Qing Gua Sha treatment is used to release toxins and improve circulation.
3. Signature facial. This facial includes an hour-long purifying and extracting system that leaves skin feeling and looking vibrant, plus a scalp massage and scrub, massage and wrap treatment for hands and feet.
4. Shanghai Ginger Polish. During the freezing cold winter, this treatment is a warm body scrub with healing ginger that rids you of flaky winter skin.
5. Citrus Detox Cleanse. In the summertime, the Citrus Detox Cleanse exfoliates and purifies skin so its smooth and glowing, while massage techniques are used to eliminate toxins.