Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you ship off for Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, here are a few things you should know about this luxury hotel:
1. It's not easy to reach. The rural nature of Four Seasons Hampshire means that, unless you have your own car, it’s a bit tough to reach. While the English countryside hotel offers a limousine service to shuttle you around, a less flashy option, whether coming from the airport or from London, is to make your way to Fleet train station then hop in a taxi.
2. Book activities in advance. The hotel offers a wealth of excellent recreational facilities, but most require advance bookings. So if you anticipate a day of horse riding, clay pigeon shooting or canal boating, you should call to reserve at least 24 hours ahead.
3. The hotel offers falconry. Speaking of activities, one of the most unusual offerings the hotel provides is falconry, a sport that was popular among the English aristocracy. Learn the basics and meet some eagles, hawks, owls, falcons and vultures. Or opt to go on a hawk walk that puts you up close with the beautiful birds.
4. Internet isn't complimentary. Unlike many luxury hotels, the high-speed Wi-Fi here isn't included in the price of your room. In fact, it costs $18 per day. So, if you only wish to check your emails, ask a receptionist to point you to the free desktop with Internet access.
5. Enjoy fine in-room dining. The stunning décor and impeccable service make restaurant visits here a joy, but if you want some time to yourself, the 24-hour room service menu is an excellent alternative. With high-quality dining stretching from breakfast to afternoon tea, midnight feasts to TV-watching snacks, it's a guaranteed way to conquer your hunger.