Answers from Our Experts (1)
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire boasts such a variety of delicious dishes over so many fine restaurants, it's difficult to narrow down what’s most delectable. To make it easier, we've chosen what we consider to be the signature dish for each meal of the day from the hotel's five distinct dining options:
1. Seasons. The hotel's flagship restaurant is the perfect place to start your day — and you can't beat the Hampshire Breakfast Buffet. The buffet includes everything — a bakery selection, fruit, yoghurts, cereals, cold meats and cheeses, plus hot dishes including eggs (from scrambled to Benedict), back bacon, port sausage, hash browns, mushrooms and roast tomatoes.
2. Café Santé. The perfect place for a light lunch, Café Santé offers up healthy-eating staples like salads, soups, pastas, rissoles and tempuras in a beautiful glass-sided setting. As it's right beside the spa, you'll also find a wide selection of herbal teas, coffee, power drinks and juices.
3. The Library. Still hungry? Then head to the luxury hotel’s Library for an afternoon tea of elegant finger sandwiches, homemade pastries, and, of course, freshly baked scones served with seasonal jam and Devonshire clotted cream. And when it comes to the tea, we recommend the Jubilee Brew — a mix of Ceylon and black tea created in 2012, and now the finest cuppa in Hampshire.
4. The Bistro. After all that, we'd suggest a light dinner, so choose the Bistro for superb bar food. When it comes to dessert, don't miss the tasty chocolate and orange bread and butter pudding.
5. In-room dining. If you’re hungry any time in between — or in the middle of the night — simply order from the Hampshire hotel’s extensive 24-hour room service menu. We highly recommend the Dogmersfield Plougmans lunch picnic basket, which contains local cheeses, roast beef and gammon with a bread selection; homemade chutney and Piccalilli; grapes and tomatoes; lemon meringue tart; and a bottle of still or sparkling New Forest water. It's achingly delicious.