Answers from Our Experts (1)
The number of amenities for children at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain makes the Arizona resort an ideal spot for a family vacation. Here are just a few of the amenities the entire family is bound to enjoy:
1. Dove Mountain Rangers. Offered as a half- or full-day program for kids ages 5 to 12, this supervised itinerary includes a variety of activities that immerse children in their Sonoran Desert surroundings. Themes change daily, but sample activities include playing Native American games, exploring petroglyphs and creating rock art, and learning to lasso. Kids who complete nine activities can become an honorary junior ranger, allowing them to assist the Five-Star hotel's rangers.
2. In-room camping. Forget the rollaway bed. Here kids can opt for an in-room tent set up by a Ritz-Carlton employee. The in-room camping experience includes s’mores, a book about the Sonoran Desert and a keepsake tortoise stuffed animal.
3. S’mores kits. Kids (and kids at heart) can pick up and roast “spirit of adventure” s’mores kits at the Dove Mountain Rangers Lawn Thursday through Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
4. Pool and water slide. Of the luxury hotel's three pools, the Aventura Pool is the most kid-friendly — and its 235-foot water slide never gets old.
5. Family geocaching. The kids will love this GPS-led scavenger hunt through the resort’s Wild Burro Canyon in search of hidden caches. See the concierge for a GPS unit and geocaching map.