Answers from Our Experts (1)
Take advantage of everything there is to do during a stay The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain by stuffing your suitcase with these items:
1. Swimsuit. The resort’s three swimming pools are oases in the Arizona heat. The relaxing Turquesa Pool is great for adults — the poolside Latin grill there even has its own tequila butler. The adjacent Aventura Pool’s main feature is a 235-foot water slide that kids love. And the spa’s pool, complete with a 10-foot tanning island, is a slice of aquatic Zen.
2. Sneakers or hiking boots. Athletes and outdoor enthusiasts will want to take advantage of the Five-Star hotel's tennis courts, hiking trails, fitness classes, biking trips and horseback rides (offered in conjunction with White Stallion Ranch), so be sure to pack the appropriate footwear.
3. Jacket or sweater. Even if you’re splashing in the pools by day, you’ll want to layer up by night when the desert chill sets in. Grab your jacket and s’mores kit and you’re ready to sit by the bonfires outside.
4. Dress clothes. You won’t want to miss dinner at CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar during your time at the Arizona hotel, and though the signature restaurant is officially casual, it’s also special enough to make for a chic night out.
5. Golf gear. Rental clubs at The Golf Club at Dove Mountain are complimentary for resort guests, but be sure to bring any additional gear you need for a round of golf. The Jack Nicklaus-designed 27-hole course is a treat, landscaped around saguaros at elevations between 2,300 and 3,200 feet.