Answers from Our Experts (1)
Ocean House has many wonderful features that make a trip to the Watch Hill, Rhode Island property well worth the trip. Here are the best things we love about Ocean House:
1. Gratuity-free. There’s no need to shuffle for a tip for one of the friendly bellmen or floor valets at Ocean House. The property is gratuity-free – all tips are figured into your stay to make your visit as relaxed as possible.
2. Coast Restaurant. The menu at Coast is always changing. The farm-to-table inspired cuisine features items from the region and includes the finds of their full-time forager who gathers the freshest ingredients from local farms, markets, waters, and fields. This attention to sourcing the very best is what makes a meal at Coast a true taste of Rhode Island.
3. History. Ocean House originally opened in 1868 just after the end of the Civil War. During the Gilded Age, the property was a place for people to get out of the hot summer cities and enjoy the coastal weather. The original structure later closed and demolished – the current structure was built in 2005 and has many of the same features of the original like a wrap-around porch and towering mansard roof.
4. Location. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is uniquely located right on a sunny bluff on the coast of Watch Hill, Rhode Island. From nearly every point on the property you can take in expansive views of the coast and the resort’s private beach.
5. OH! Spa, a 12,000-square-foot destination all its own, featuring the best of the ocean and the harvest with a selection of seasonal touches. Panoramic views of the coast adds to the relaxation.