Answers from Our Experts (1)
It is hard to go wrong with any of the foods and beverages at Ocean House, but to whet your appetite, here is a sample of the best things to order:
1. The Ocean House Southsider. This is the classic cocktail of Watch Hill, Rhode Island. It’s made with muddled fresh lemon and mint that is topped with Mount Gay rum, simple syrup, Fever Tree Bitter Lemon Soda, and finished with a Myers Dark Rum float.
2. Rhode Island striped bass. Though it may not be available all the time at Coast, this delicious catch, which is prepared with summer squash, basil seed, pea shoot and tomato water, is a winner.
3. Everbreeze Farm rabbit. With the farm sitting just under seven miles from the resort, the Coast kitchen promises you some of the freshest cuts possible. That the dish comes with peas, carrot, mint and curry only heightens the flavorful experience.
4. Soufflé of the day. Keeping with the theme of fresh, one of the signature offerings at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is the soufflé of the evening. Each day the pastry chef creates a fresh soufflé that highlights ingredients that are super-seasonal then pairs them with a luscious sauce.
5. Lobster salad sandwich. Relaxing on the beach? Stop into Dunes Cottage and get the lobster salad sandwich: it’s made with local lobster, a lemon crème fraîche dressing, celery, and gem lettuce, all piled on a soft New England roll.