Answers from Our Experts (1)
The design style of Ocean House reflects its history and its location on the Rhode Island coast. Here are five words to describe the property.
1. Quaint. While Ocean House has 49 guest rooms and 13 signature suites, it feels quaint. It is easy to navigate the property and find the spa, fitness center, or make your way to the beach.
2. Beach Cottage. When you walk into Ocean House you will find details reminiscent of a New England beach cottage, like a painted wood ceiling, wicker furniture, and fluffy pastel and floral upholstery.
3. Classic. While the first Ocean House closed in the early 2000s, a new structure was built to include many of the features of the iconic hotel, such as the large, wrap-around porch and a beach stone fireplace that was in the original hotel.
4. Victorian. Since the current structure was designed to replicate the original it has several characteristic features that are reflected in the stately mansard roof and Victorian light fixtures.
5. Relaxed. While the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is classic and refined, it is a beach-front resort, designed for relaxation. During the summer, lounge on the veranda with lemonade or a cocktail or in the cooler months relax by the roaring fire in the lobby.