Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many amenities that we love to take advantage of while staying at Dream Downtown, but here are our favorites:
1. The pool. In New York City, there’s nowhere you’d rather be than poolside on those humid 95-degree days. Take a break from sightseeing and lounge by the 50-foot heated pool or recline on one of the floating devices set up for you in the water. Add a fruit slushie and you’ve got a fantastic day.
2. PH-D. A hot nightclub after 10 p.m. and a great place for sunset views while sipping a cocktail, PH-D is one of the best hotel amenities. Even better: Guests of the hip hotel are guaranteed access before 9:30 p.m.
3. The bikes. Instead of using the new Citi bikes located around town, take advantage of the complimentary three-speed cruisers offered by the Meatpacking District hotel and ride down the Westside Highway bicycle path that runs along the Hudson River.
4. Surround sound. Always a party place, Dream Downtown even keeps the vibe going in the bathrooms. The surround sound allows you to blast the tunes from the TV so you can hear them while you shower and get ready with the custom-made Etro bath products.
5. The food. You won’t have to worry about chasing down popular food truck Kelvin Natural Slush Co. for one of its refreshing fruit treats; the hotel’s has its own supply of the all-natural slushies at the poolside Beach restaurant. Cherry, from Jonathan Morr, who also owns Bond St., serves up Japanese cuisine with a French bent (steak au poivre with kakiage, a tempura of Japanese sweet potato; miso-glazed seabass with crispy rice cake and bonito) and an extensive sake list. In early 2014, watch out for the first U.S. outpost of London restaurant La Bodega Negra. The new restaurant, just called Bodega Negra, will dish out Mexican street food at the hotel.