Answers from Our Experts (1)
We suggest you kick off your Bouley Test Kitchen curriculum with one of these five most popular classes:
1. Fish. Learn how to purchase, store and prepare fish using a variety of techniques, such as steaming, smoking, braising, sautéing, grilling and curing. Sauces and garnishes are also on the lesson plan.
2. Functional cooking from a point of health. Yes, healthy food can taste good too. This class will teach you how to extract all the vital nutrients from your vegetables and protein, in addition to offering a number of nutritionist-approved tips to revamp your diet.
3. Fall harvest. In keeping with Bouley’s theme of seasonality, you’ll learn how to take advantage of fall’s savory harvest and the best approach to buying locally grown products.
4. Meat. Similar to the fish class, you’ll learn numerous techniques for preparing meat and receive savvy advice on purchasing high-quality, organic meats.
5. Professional sauce. Making stock and sauce is the focus here. You’ll learn how to incorporate your new recipes into delicious meat, vegetable and pasta dishes.
Most classes are typically a single session and range in price from $75 to $175.