Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are so many incredible dishes on the menu at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Bouley, but some of the best things to order include:
1. Porcini flan. Served in a bowl with Alaska live Dungeness crab and a decadent black truffle dashi, this starter is a refined yet light way to begin your meal.
2. Organic Connecticut farm egg. Our other favorite starter sounds simple, but the heavenly combination of the egg with Serrano ham, steamed polenta, artichoke and sunchoke, and a garlic coconut broth will amaze you. You can also add on the $95 white truffle supplement if you’re feeling extra decadent.
3. The duck. Chef Bouley’s penchant for local ingredients is on full display here with the organic Long Island duck roasted with Black Nevada dates and Washington huckleberry.
4. Chocolate soufflé. While the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant boasts a number of memorable sweet treats, its signature dessert epitomizes the phrase “death by chocolate.” Sitting atop a white coffee cloud and flanked by homemade chocolate sorbet, the Valrhona chocolate soufflé is warmed just enough to melt in your mouth.
5. Cheese course. If you order the chocolate soufflé, encourage your dining partner to order the cheese course — and share away. With French, Italian, Spanish, English and domestic varieties, your palate will never feel more international. We also especially love the cheese course because it gives us one final chance to indulge in even more of Bouley’s sumptuous assortment of freshly baked breads, which range from saffron or apricot loaves to flax seed rolls to boules studded with pistachios or roasted garlic.